I am an educator, author, presenter, podcaster, and runner. I have worked in the fields of government, K-12 education, business, and non-profit leadership. I bring all of this wide array of experiences to the classroom where my vision is to Educate Tomorrow’s Citizens Today! Further, I am passionate about sharing my story of overcoming limitations and I want to help everyone develop the skills needed to be successful in all phases of life.
Todd, a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University and soon to be graduate of Southeastern Oklahoma State University, is married to Stephanie (an Instructional Facilitator at Shawnee Public Schools as well as a photographer). Together they have 4 children (Bowman, Lorelai, Cohen, and Clara). In his free time, Todd loves being with his family and friends, reading, photography, playing board games, strong coffee, good wine, Pepsi, and watching his beloved Chicago Cubs.
- AP® United States Government & Politics – A two-semester introductory college Government course equivalent in which students investigate significant events, individuals, developments, and processes within five broad units.
- U.S. Government – A study of the foundation and function of the U.S. Constitution; taught to the Oklahoma Academic Standards.
- AP® United States History – A two-semester introductory college United States History course equivalent in which students investigate significant events, individuals, developments, and processes within United States history during nine separate historical periods from 1491 C.E. to the present.
- U.S History 1865-Present – A broad picture of American Heritage following the Civil War to now; taught to the Oklahoma State Standards.
- AP® World History – A two-semester introductory college world history course equivalent in which students investigate significant events, individuals, developments, and processes in six historical periods from approximately 8000 B.C.E. to the present.
- World History – A broad picture of the world from Greco-Roman days until now; taught to the Oklahoma State Standards.
- AP® Macroeconomics – A two-semester introductory college macroeconomics course equivalent in which students investigate basic economic concepts, measurement of economic performance, national income and price determination, the financial sector, stabilization, economic growth and international trade.
- Personal Financial Literacy – A study of the financial concepts to help students make better money-related decisions through the scope of their life.
Educational Background, Honors, Awards, & Affiliations
- BA – Interdisciplinary
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Shawnee, OK
- December 2013
- M.Ed. – Educational Leadership
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Durant, OK
- Projected Graduation – December 2022
- Additional Course Work:
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary – Louisville, KY
- University of San Diego – San Diego, CA
- Board Member – NCSS Representative – Oklahoma Council for Social Studies
- Member – Oklahoma Council for History Education
- Member – National Council for the Social Studies
- Member – Oklahoma Social Studies Supervisors Association
- Member – National Social Studies Supervisors Association
- Member – House of Delegates Resolutions Committee for NCSS
- Member – Economic Education Advisory Council – Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank; Oklahoma City Branch
- Member – OKSDE – Economics/Personal Financial Literacy Standard Revision Writing Team – 2018-2019
- Presenter – The Historical Inquiry Method Poster Presentation – NCSS Annual Conference – November 2021
- Presenter – The Historical Inquiry Method – NCSS On Demand Webinar – Fall 2021
- Presenter – Washington’s Legacy of Leadership – Oklahoma Council on History Education Annual Conference – October 2021
- Keynote Speaker – The State of Financial Literacy in Oklahoma – Financial Literacy in Oklahoma Conference – November 2019
- Presenter – Oklahoma Digital Resource Library – Oklahoma Summer Social Studies Conference – July 2019
- Presenter – Teaching Financial Literacy in Social Studies – July 2019
- Presenter – The Historical Inquiry Method – Oklahoma Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference – November 2018
- Co-Presenter – Crucial Conversations in the Classroom – Summer Social Studies Conference – July 2018
- Presenter – Primary & Secondary Sourcing in the Digital Age Oklahoma Council for the Social Studies Annual Conference – October 2017
- Presenter – Oklahoma Jump$tart Coalition – December 2016
- George Washington Leadership & Legacy – George Washington Teacher Institute – June 2021
- Lincoln Speaks: Words That Transformed a Nation – Gilder Lehrman Seminar – June 2019
- Presidents and the Constitution: Abraham Lincoln – Liberty Fund Weekend – October 2018
- AP Summer Institute – U.S. History – July 2018
- Teaching American History Seminar – Roosevelt, Wilson, and Progressive Reform – March 2018
- EdCampOKC – March 2018
- Arab-Israeli Conflict Workshop – February 2018
- Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit – December 2017
- Jump$tart National Educator Conference – November 2017
- Summer Scholar – NEH Institute – Rethinking GAPE – University of Illinois Chicago – June-July 2017
- Jump$tart National Educator Conference – November 2016
- AP Summer Institute – U.S. History – July 2016
- OCEE Train The Writers Conference – June 2016
- Clara Luper Memorial Rising Star Award – Oklahoma Council for the Social Studies – 2018
- Scholarship Recipient – National History Day – Legacies of World War I Graduate Course – 2018
- Professional Development Champion – Midwest City High School – 2017-2018
- Oklahoma Alternate – James Madison Scholarship – 2018
- National Teacher Innovator Award – May 2017 – Presented by Next Gen Personal Finance