Mr. Gragg is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University and is married to Mrs. Gragg (an Instructional Coach and Title 1 Coordinator at Midwest City High School as well as a budding photographer). Together they have 3 children (Bowman, Lorelai, & Cohen). Coming to education after a long career in business and non-profit work Mr. Gragg is passionate about giving students the tools they need to be successful in all phases of life. Mr. Gragg is passionate about the study of all things social sciences but especially loves U.S. History and Economics. In his free time, Mr. Gragg loves being with his family, reading, photography, board games, and fishing. Mr. Gragg is a devoted fan of the Chicago Cubs, Oklahoma Sooners, & Oklahoma City Thunder. Mr. Gragg possibly loves coffee, double cheeseburgers, and boneless wings just as much as any of these aforementioned teams.
Educational Background, Honors, Awards, & Affiliations
- B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies, Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, OK.
- Additional Graduate Work – Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville KY.
- Board Member at Large – Oklahoma Council for Social Studies
- Member – Oklahoma Jump$tart Coalition
- Member – Economic Education Advisory Council – Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank; Oklahoma City Branch
- Master Teacher – Oklahoma Council on Economic Education
- 2016-2017 Next Gen Personal Finance Innovator of the Year Award Winner
- 2017 National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Scholar
- Studied Rethinking the Gilded Age and Progressivisms
- University of Illinois-Chicago
- 2018 OCSS Clara Luper Memorial Rising Star Teacher
- 2018 James Madison Memorial Foundation Fellowship Alternate for Oklahoma
- Presenter – OKCSS Conference – October 2017 – Sourcing in the Digital Age
- Co-Presenter – Summer Social Studies Conference – July 2018 – Crucial Conversations in the Classroom
- Presenter – OCSS Conference – November 2018 – The Historical Inquiry Method